In 1828, the first cutler moved to Laguiole to make it his profession and make a living from it. This is the first transition from toolmaker to cutler. It was also at this time that the first closing knife was manufactured. At that time the closing knife produced in Laguiole was the straight laguiole, it was a knife with a bourbonnaise blade centered point, a fly without decoration and a stopper spring. Between 1850 and 1860, the current shape of the Laguiole knife was established and gradually refined. From 1880, the first 3-piece knives were produced. They consist of a corkscrew and a punch. The corkscrew is linked to the demand of the people of Aveyronnais who set out to conquer Parisian cafes. The punch meanwhile, was used in the agricultural field mainly to pierce the paunch of animals. In 1909, the first bee on a Laguiole knife. Its presence on the knives would be, according to legend, a tribute paid to the courage of the inhabitants of Laguiole by the Emperor Napoleon himself. The First World War (1914-1918) will lead to the disappearance of part of the workforce in Laguiole. Only three craftsmen will continue to manufacture a very small quantity of Laguiole. In 1985, a team from the Aubrac plateau, including the mayor of Laguiole, organized the relaunch of the production of the knife from Laguiole in its birthplace. It was the birth of Forge de Laguiole® that made this dream a reality in 1987.